Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Little bit about us and Feb-April '08





Well, of course, we are the Atkinsons. The old ones, I might add. With Shawn, Krystal, and Victoria in Maryland, Justin and Jessica in Minneapolis and Melissa recently married to Justin, it is just me (Brittany) Casey, and my mom and dad at home. Well, since Casey is at school and work until late every day, it is basically my parents and me at home. He does manage to make a mess though. So this last year...where to begin. Well the most exciting thing that happened in the first few months, was Casey coming home from his mission in Poland. The whole family was there waiting at the airport, and we all came home that night and went to Taco Bell. And no, I am not kidding. That night, we also found out that Krystal was pregnant. We were all very excited for or first niece or nephew. About a week and a half later, the excitement died down when our cat literally died. Plus, that same day, Shawn left, and Krystal had already gone back to Texarkana. What a way to start a new month. In April, Justin Corbridge came over while Melissa was at work, and sat in the "hot seat" to ask my parents for Melissa's hand in marriage. I don't think he knew what he was getting in to. My dad, being the loving father he is, made it clear to him that it is a "no return policy." A week later, while me, Casey, the Balls and Hyer families(close family friends) were enjoying ourselves on Spring Break in St. George and Mesquite, Justin proposed to Melissa. They set the date, and Melissa and my mom started planning the wedding immediately, with my dad grumbling little phrases like "I could have bought 300 four for five burritos at Taco Time for that much money" and "why can't you just do the reception in the backyard, hand the guests a cream puff, and dance on the table for some money?" and so forth, they kept planning.

No comments: