Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today I am thankful for...



















Today I am thankful for Veteran's Day. I am really glad that there is a day to honor those brave men and women who risk their lives to protect our country, our freedoms, and our rights. I am so proud of them, and I know that this country wouldn't be what it is today without our military. I am so thankful for them, and for the civilians that work with them, like my dad. We have had brave, patriotic soldiers throughout our history, from the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the World Wars, Vietnam, Korea, and now the war in Iraq. I encourage you to take a moment of silence and think about those men and women who have given their lives for our country. Pray for those that are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, and their families. If you know a Veteran, thank them for their service. So next time you go to church, think about those soldiers who fought for freedom of religion. Think of those rights we have, and think of the people who fought for them. I am proud to be an American. Are you?

1 comment:

Atkinsons said...

The blog looks great! Love reading your "Today I am thankful for.." posts!