Sunday, November 22, 2009

Today I am thankful for...

Today I am thankful that this blog isn't a school project, and it isn't being graded. That would SUCK! I have slacked off big time. I should be slapped(Please don't actually slap me). Lets see, I have missed 10 days, so here we go, 9 things: (The top counts as one)
1. I am thankful for a warm house. When its freezing, a heater is nice.
2. Lean Cuisine dinners. Delicious and healthy.
3. Breakfast Hot Pockets. These things are delicious! They have egg, sausage and cheese inside them. I throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes, and I have a quick on-the-go breakfast.
4. My piano! It's Grandma Buehler's old piano, and it is so much fun! My cousin Amy is giving me piano lessons right now, and I love it. On the down side, I am pretty much the only one who can (or will) play in Seminary, so I have to play pretty much every day.
5. DVR. Every Thursday night I have mutual, so I have to miss my beloved Office. Thankfully, some genius out there realized the same problem I now have and invented the life-altering machine. Now I can record The Office and watch it without feeling my eternal salvation is at stake for missing mutual. It is a miracle in the form of a black box.
6. NEW MOON!! Or, more specifically, Taylor Lautner. I loved New Moon- it was way better than Twilight. This director was a lot better. There was still the Robert Pattinson/Kristen Stewart problem (I don't like them), but Taylor Lautner was amazing. And ripped. Have you seen his abs, ladies? He is gorgeous. I couldn't help but drool a little when he took his [total unnecessary] shirt off. Who needs a vampire when Jacob is around?
7. My dad's new TV and surround sound. He went a little bit too crazy at Lynn's Audio and Video. He bought a new TV, sound system, speakers, a subwoofer and a Blu-ray player. I was thrilled, but my mom wasn't too excited. Actually, she was mad. That sound system is insane. I was upstairs the first day we got it, and I thought there was an earthquake. Turns out it was just my dad turning on a movie. As my dad says: "You have to experience a movie. You don't experience a movie until you feel your butt vibrate. " Since we got that, I am now into Man Movies. Who needs awkward flirting and predictable endings when you can watch war and mystery, like the Patriot, State of Play, and Pearl Harbor.(Ok, Pearl Harbor is kind of a chick flick.) But I have now experienced a movie, and I'm never going back.
8. May-I. This intense card game was introduced to us by some family friends. When I first played it with them, I didn't know the phenomenon it would turn into. Our family would play that game for hours. Fun, fun times. Many jokes and nicknames were born around our table, playing the game. We played it the other night for the first time in forever. It was so much fun, and it feels so natural to be around the table, trying to "go out." I can't wait till everyone is back here for Christmas, so we can shine up our May-I skills.
9. Hannah Montana!! Not. I am actually thankful that my parents will let me watch shows like the Office, so I'm not stuck listening to the pro's and woes of an ordinary teen girl, who is actually a teen pop sensation in secret. I don't have to listen to her fake Tennessee accent and stupid, selfish, random, irrelevant songs. See "Supergirl", "The Other Side of Me", and "Best of Both Worlds". Its enough to drive someone mad. So, in short, I am glad that I have the Office, Seinfeld and Friends to keep me sane.


No comments: