Saturday, November 14, 2009

Today I am thankful for...

Today, I am thankful to be alive and for nice people. This morning, my mom, Melissa, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Lois, and I went to Salt Lake for a craft fair. ( I will write about that tomorrow) After much shopping, we left with Lois and Debbie, who dropped us off in Brigham to get our car. We took the Camry, and that car sucks. The headlights are really dim, and it just isn't the greatest car. After we dropped Melissa off at her house, we were heading back down the road, when the car started sliding all over the road. It was covered in black ice. We slid off the road, flipped around, and went into the bar pit. We just sat there for a minute, shocked. Just as we were dialing Justin Corbridge's phone number, two cars loaded with guys stopped, jumped out, and asked if we needed help. They went out into the snow and pushed us back onto the road. After that, my mom drove super slow the whole way home. We kept saying "What if there had been a telephone pole?" "What if a car had driven by, and we hit into them?" "What if we had run out into the highway, and had been broadsided?" These were running through my mind, and I am so glad that we were on a little, hardly traveled road surrounded by fields. And I am also so glad that those boys were nice enough to get out in the cold and get in the snow to help us out. I know that we were being watched over, and I am thankful for that. *just a note: My mom and I are totally fine, just a little shaken. The car suffered no damage, and it can't even be classified as a wreck.

No comments: